My first monogrammed pillowcase wasn't too hard.
I have been trying out pillowcases lately, and also have had a thing for letters for the last year or so. I love monograms! So, today I decided to just try one.
First, I used a word-processing program to print out several "m"s in various fonts, at about a 200 point size.
Then I found a little piece of linen, and redrew the M i liked to a size that would fit on the linen.
I traced the M in pencil, and then used 2 strands of green embroidery floss to outline the letter in a simple backstitch. There were some largish open areas inside the M that I filled in with some french knots.
I started a pillowcase with some compatible fabrics, and appliqued the linen to the end flap during the sewing of the pillowcase. The background fabric was shadowing through the linen, so I just slipped in a rectangular piece of cotton behind the linen.
I finished the pillowcase and was very pleased with myself!!
i am currently in Houston at the Quilt Market. I want to post lots of photos so that you can all see a bit of whats going on here, yesterda...
Even though I am now home, I have some nice memories, and now for some wonderful quilts, the photo of the quilt should be followed by the n...
Try to Remember the First of Octember was a Theo LeSieg book we used to read to our kids when they were small. It's a fun story about a...
for the past few weeks I have been mostly working away on my Millefiore Quilt, this is what I've got up on my design wall, I w...
September is Upon Us Again, I don't know where the time goes. September has appeared. The days are getting noticeably shorter - I ha...