Sunday, January 31, 2010

Red Table Runner

 I ended up sewing a table runner with a few of the dresden plate blocks I made the other day.  It has just a very simple pieced foundation on which I machine-appliqued the blocks with a really small zig-zag stitch with invisible thread.  The brown dots are fusible applique. 

When I put it on the dining room table I realized that the color red was the same shade as the cardinal in this beautiful piece I got a few years ago, made by Jim Mullen, of Mullenium, in New York, I think..

 The little bird at the bottom is raku pottery.

I've gathered all my red and white quilts to take to the shop to put up in our classroom gallery in honor of the upcoming St.Valentine's day -- photos coming soon!
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. This was the wonderful little piece that I saw at the shop. I think I have to give up my full time job so that I can stay at home to quilt, scrapbook and restore old houses! There just aren't enough hours in the day. I need to take a class so that I know how to paper piece and ..... ! This list goes on.
    Bernie Cruikshank
    Aberdeen

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;