Sunday, January 10, 2010


Today I took another trip to visit my web-site expert. We're continuing to update the site for Periwinkle to make it better. There are a lot of little details involved. I hope to add in some more photos of the shop so that it feels more like you're visiting a real place when you browse the site.
Speaking of the real place, this weekend we had the floors redone. See how shiny they are now!

On Saturday we pushed everything to one side of the shop and they stripped, buffed and put 5 coats of wax on the cleared half of the floor. On Sunday, we moved everything to the waxed side and they did the other side; then we had to start putting things back where they belonged.
The photo above is taken from the back of the store. On the left side is the cutting island piled with stuff.

The photo below shows the front corner of the shop, with shelves pushed to the side.


Of course it was a good opportunity to rearrange things a bit. Be sure to stop by and see what is different!

michelle

4 comments:

  1. I love your floors, they're so perfect!!

    Do you carry Amy Butler or Joel Dewberry fabrics? From my blue quilt, it looks like you carry some Japanese fabrics.

    I can't wait to stop by the next time I'm in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, deedee, i can't believe someone sent a comment!! Yes, we have some of those designers, but not too much lately. Some of the Joel Dewberry ones with yellow, tan and off-white, and the Amy butler ones that are in turquoise, from "Daisy Chain". In all, I'd guess we have about 50 - 60 of the bright fabrics from various designers at Westminster/Rowan fabrics. michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, p.s. I designed the pattern on the floors when we first got the space 5 years ago! mh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,

    I just discovered your blog through Galloping Pony. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;