Friday, January 15, 2010

Tea towels

It's been a busy few days, with a salesman today with loads of samples to look through.  Christmas fabrics for next year to order already?!! There was a lot of nice stuff though, and it's always a bit nerve-wracking to choose what to stock in the next few months, and to co-ordinate with what I've already ordered from another company.
However, I thought I'd post a couple of photos of a project I did a couple of days ago. 
We had in stock some packages of old-fashioned tea towels with a woven red stripe down each side.  I decided we needed some samples of what to do with them to personalize them a bit.  And, I remembered that I still had one miniature dresden plate left over from a couple of weeks ago.  So.....


I appliqued the block, centered near the bottom of the towel, and did some simple cross-stitch to add my initials.



The second towel I made a red dresden plate with 12 petals, and for the third, chose a heart shape.  Again, did some pretty simple stitching in a dark beige floss, mostly cross-stitch and stem stitch.  They've been washed and I liked how they turned out.

I think in the next couple weeks we're getting in some other packets of towels that have multi-colored woven strips down the sides, and think they'd be perfect with some 1930's reproduction fabrics. (Of which I ordered a bunch today, not coming until Feb and March i think)

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Just found you through the Galloping Pony website, which I understand we both love. You are on my favorites list now so I look forward to "keeping in touch"!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna, thank you! I do love her stuff, and have made quite a few things in her "style", Michelle

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;