Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

At the Lake

it's another quiet day at the lake, although it's pretty rainy.  I think that I can get some photos up, but verrrry slowwly, since this is on dial-up, so i'll have to pick my pictures wisely!
I've been knitting again today, and I've finished my Elizabeth George novel. It was okay, but not as good as some of her other books. 
This is the start of my sweater! It's quite pleasant to work on, and the 2 balls of wool that I had were 100grams, so they are like 2 smaller balls-- i might be able to knit nearly the whole arm before I run out.
I've brought my little pile of orange, green and white fabrics with me to do something with, but unfortunately i neglected to bring an iron,...
Also, when I was at the shop on Friday, Deb mentioned that one of the quilts hanging in the classroom, in the new show of disappearing nine-patch quilts has been generating some interest in a pattern for it.  So, I have started working on one, and this time I plan to keep track of how long it takes to produce it.  Just the pattern, not a quilt, but the writing and formatting and printing of it.  I am guessing about 10 hours, but we'll see.  This morning I spent about 2-1/2 hours on it.
(sorry for the picture quality, i really cut down the number of pixels)
 Now it is time for me to practice the banjo!
Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. No surprise to you but I love your flower quilt. I'm glad you decided on making a pattern for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at that top photo. Beautiful! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was beautiful when I arrived here,sue, but today it is snowing, :(

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;