Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Messy Desk

Okay, my desk is chaos.  I was so eager to make more fabric birds when I got home from the workshop in St. Louis, that I started to make them immediately.  Then, I had to finish off my cuckoo clock from another class, so I pulled out more stuff.  Then, today I brought home various sorts of paperwork from the store, and started an order on the laptop, which happens to be on my hand-work desk as well.  That's the explanation for all the clutter.


 I must say that it is fun to make birds.  I don't know why, it just is..  what i'll do with them, I'm not too sure of that either.  Soon I will have birds all over the house. 

 The only drawback to today was that the cold, rainy weather continues.  However, it is better than yesterday morning when it was SNOWing!!! I tried to look for the beauty in the snow, and noticed the different colors of the emerging leaves of the maple and plum trees in the back yard. I'm not sure if you can see that in the photo, I took it through the window, as there was no way I was going out in the snow.    
Oh, I noticed that the community Garage sale for Asquith is to occur this Saturday.  If you are in town, why not drop by and say hello!

5 comments:

  1. love those birds!! How about a class? Please!! By the way I started a new quilt, (Irish Chain) your staff were so much help, I can't say enough.
    Ann K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Ann, those birds are so much fun, especially for wool-lovers like you and me, and they are really easy to make!! I'm glad that you got the irish chain project underway, I knew you were mulling over what to do, so I'm glad they helped you, sorry I didn't get backto you on that, m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, making birds! And they even stand up! I'm impressed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle - I relate to the aftermath from the workshop experience in getting things out and then put away again. It was so nice meeting you at the workshops last weekend. I love your birds. I needed to complete my cuckoo clock too when I returned. Hope you'll come take a look: www.joystudio.wordpress.com
    I'm going to have a look around. I see that you did some site seeing when you were her in St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, they do stand up.-- the wire I have on hand is quite a bit thicker than what we used at the workshops.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;