Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Shop! A Little Tour

The shop was fine while I was away, as usual.  Deb and the others are so great, they keep it in tip-top shape, unpacking stuff, moving displays, putting up samples, even getting a customer or two to bring in a project to show what can be done,

 This view of the front entry area shows 2 new fabric lines, one of them by Fig Tree Quilts, which I love, as usual.  I don't remember what the other one is called, but I love the color combo and the old-fashioned flower designs, with geraniums on them, i think. 

You can also see by the blocks pinned up on the wall that we're getting close to the end of the Saturday Surprise blocks, I think there are 2 left to go:



I think the most popular fabric grouping lately has been the Nancy Halvorson/Art to Heart one called "Garden Song", by Benartex:
You can see how depleted it has gotten in just a week or two.  But it is so lovely for the spring.  One of the projects in the accompanying book is the decorated tea-towel -- thanks Carol!!  My photo of it isn't very good, but it says BLOOM,

We went through the tea-towels pretty fast, so I've re-ordered a whole whack of them, and in more colors.  They're also fun to use to turn into an apron.

Oh, the other thing that's happening is the Amy Butler trunk show is up in the classroom until may 16.  There are some nice hand-bags and quilts if you'd like to come in and take a look. ( Again, if you click on the photo, it should make it larger to look at, then use your back arrow to get back to the main page. )

I love the colors in the pink and turquoise quilt!


That's the little tour for today!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute shop! And only 1,123 miles from my house! LOL

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;