Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Retreat show and Tell

 While at the retreat this past weekend, I was able to piece a simple quilt top...
 and its not so simple backing:
 The pattern is by "Thimbleblossoms" and it was quite fun to sew.  It starts with a jelly roll, and some white fabric and a border, -- most of the strips from the jelly roll are sewn into the backing of the quilt.
Today I managed to baste it and start quilting,
 I also put together a small kit I picked up in Houston.  It is from a pattern by "Lakadaisies", who used to make a lot of redwork pattern.  Now she has designed some simple collage patterns.  This was really fun to make.  The heart is a dark green wool, and the birds are cut from a page from an old dictionary.  I need to frame it now.  I think I should also soften the white of the letters with some tea, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;