Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Lakadaisies

I am happy with the way that this collage turned out-- it is a pattern!
 There is a series of collage "patterns" developed by Lakadaisies --- who are more well known for the extensive line of redwork patterns they developed from "turn of the century advertising images".  I was so happy to see them in Houston this year after they had taken a break for a few years.  It seemed that she (I'm not sure of her name) had branched out into other types of projects.  I really liked them.
  The Christmas tree collage is so simple, yet striking.  It went together really quickly, and measures about 16" x 19", and has kicked off my seasonal decorating!
 The one shown below is a bit smaller, that I haven't yet put into a frame.  I put it together at the retreat. The heart is my favorite part: it is cut from felted wool.  On this one I used the copied letters that were included in the pattern.  In the Christmas collage, I just made hand-lettered ones, because I attempted to tea-stain the ones on the paper, which was a bit of a disaster. 
 I have another one lined up to make, this time with a silouette cut out of wool.
And, I felt the urge to do some hand stitching, so I am just stitching a small table runner on some Japanese striped fabric with perle cotton. 
Have you started any Christmas decorating yet? What does it entail for you?

2 comments:

  1. looks like you are well on your way with your Christmas decorating.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;