Sunday, October 23, 2011

Post-Quilt Show

This is the "morning after".  After the quilt show.  What a great weekend.  I must admit that I do love routine, and so the logistics of an event like this did cause me a bit of stress, but everything went as smoothly as possible, and I ended up enjoying the whole experience.
Monika, and Flo have some great photos on their blogs  my sweet prairie, and  butterfly quilting.
It was a great event.   I was mostly at the shop, and we had a constant stream of people that had either just been to the show, or were just on their way to it.  It was so nice to see so many familiar faces, and to just say hello or to have a short chat.
To me, I think the best effect of such an event is the inspirational aspect.  It is such a huge boost to see all the creativity and excitement that is displayed.  I woke up this morning excited about trying a couple of new techniques, (my new 10 degree wedge ruler, and a new book on thread painting).
I've already placed 2 notions orders as well, online, since we almost totally ran out of batting, and many people were inspired by Veronica's demonstrations of some other rulers.
So to all the people in the Guild who participated in creating such a great event: the quilters who shared their work, the volunteers who set up the physical display and manned the show, and organized the whole thing, and all the rest, a Big Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

print friendly

Recent topics;