Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Some Applique Blogs

I've recently become more interested in applique as a result of adding the applique option to the Saturday Surprise blocks.  As in most areas of quilting, the more one reads about it and looks at examples, the more intriguing it becomes.
This is a blog that is "All About Applique".  It has a nice side-bar of topics where you can look up specific techniques.
A designer who's work I love is Sue Spargo.  This is an image from her blog of a quilt she did with a friend of hers,Tonya Philips, and you can read about how the quilt evolved on her blog.

I seem to have gotten sidetracked into general blog reading, but in the process, have added many links to the blog list on the left side-bar.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh isn't that pretty!? WOw. On Monday night, the quilt guild is haveing 3 different Applique method demonstrations by the way. I'm sure you know them all. I don't - and i'm looking forward to that!
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! I hope that it gives you lots of ideas... I'd love to be there too!

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;