Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Book Sale on now

If you are in the Saskatoon area, you might be interested to know that we have a book sale on at Periwinkle until the end of the year.  It is buy one book and get a second one of equal or lesser value at half-price. 
 because who doesn't love books?!!!
as you can see, from my little shelf here, you can never have too many books.
also, because we seem to have a LOT of books in stock at the shop, and it would be nice to have fewer to count for year-end inventory.
 I am happy to have finished the crocheted mesh/woven blanket, it turned out well, I think.  it is pretty thick for an afghan, but that is nice in its way.  I ended up washing it in cold water, on delicate cycle, and it didn't shrink or felt at all.  it also didn't get that halo of little fuzzy fibers that I was hoping for.

 This is a little flower that just started blooming on a bush outside.  I don't know what it is.
I've been doing more knitting than sewing!  I guess I'm just thinking about what I want to sew next.  It seems hard lately to just jump into new projects, or to "play".  Lately I've been thinking about that whole concept.  Why is it harder to sit down and work on something without having a particular end object as a goal?

Anyway, this lacy rectangle you see here is going to be sewn up at the ends to make a tube.  It is a sort of neck cowl to wear like a scarf.  It is wide enough to pull up over your head like a hat.  The yarn is half silk and half mohair, i think, so it is pretty supple.  Also it seemed to stretch quite a bit when I washed it and laid it out to dry, so it will be interesting to see how it works,,,, the holes got quite a bit bigger in the lace pattern.
Now I am currently knitting a pair of slippers, since my feet get a bit chilly.  I am using the felted slipper pattern that I've used so many times before! the instructions are  here

Hope that you keep toasty warm today! 

3 comments:

  1. oh, oh, oh...a book sale!!! Sounds good!
    And the woven blanket turned out great! love it.
    Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the woven blanket is terrific, and i suspect the halo will bloom with time...
    but a book sale? how can you do this to me.....oh dear...
    :)
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blanket!

    : )
    Happy Holidays Michele!
    Monika in Snowless Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;