Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Houston Convention Center

This morning I started to look through some of my photos of Quilt Market in Houston last week, and wanted to share a small overview,
this is a view of the Convention Center from the park across the street

The park (Discovery Green) is an unthinkably huge! improvement over the gravel parking lot that used to ocupy the space

it's a nice place to walk through now


this is a view of the vendor's booth area taken from an escalotor, it goes on for 22 long aisles
 We spent lots of time in the Westminster Fabrics booth.  Each designer had a little area featuring some quilts, smaller items and a mannequin showing the fabric in the upcoming lines:



 And in a ring around the Westminster booth were smaller booths where the designers had their own presentation.
For example, this is David Butler, aka Parson Gray:

close-up just because




Tula Pink's booth, I liked the VWcushions

a view of the moda booth--lots of ordering fabric going on
 And in the other end of the convention center were the quilt shows.  What would be a post without a good quilt to end with?
by Janet Fogg

by Janet Fogg


5 comments:

  1. what a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL quilt! i now have three furry faces peering at me...i think they are wondering why i don't get busy and make them a quilt they could cozy into, whilst admiring themselves!
    i'm glad you had a good time!
    cheers
    molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a brilliant quilt!
    (and I don't even like cats...)

    : )

    Monika K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must confess that I don't really like cats much in real life, but thisquilt was just so wonderful! I knew Molly would love it too. And probably anyone else who sees it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say Kitty Corner was one of my favourite quilts at the show. I'm afraid I'm a confirmed cat lover (and dogs, horses anything with fur really..) And an extra photo of David Butler can never go amiss! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really stands out in my mind too, lots of the animal quilts were great, and the Modern quilt exhibit I enjoyed a lot,

      Delete

print friendly

Recent topics;