Friday, July 26, 2013

A couple of small finishes

It was a productive Thursday, yesterday, as I worked on a variety of projects, 
The little stars tablerunner is now finished!


It is definitely for someone who likes blue!  The fabrics aren't overtly Christmassy.  Many of them have non-seasonal designs on them, and the others are more winter themed, with snowmen and snowflakes.   Although I used a blue thread in the border, I used smoke coloured invisible thread for the central area.  It has an all over meander, so I wanted something subtle. 
And for the second thing, this is the tea towel on which I embroidered a monogram:
I used a combination of back stitch and stem stitch.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and now I want to monogram something else! 




4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm ... I notice that you monogrammed an "H". Do you perhaps know anyone who uses tea towels whose name starts with H? Just sayin' ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, I think I do know someone whose name starts with an "h" ! Maybe even more than one person.

      Delete
  2. Both are beautiful!! I especially love that monogram! I still have a few things that belonged to my grandmother which she had monogramed by hand. It's really a lost art. Yours is inspiring!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silke, I have a few monogrammed linen sheets from Sweden, and I like them a lot, you are lucky to have your grandmothers. It makes them really special

      Delete

print friendly

Recent topics;