Saturday, July 20, 2013

Mini charm squares

I'm not sure if you've noticed this new type of precut lately. They're called Mini charm packs and each square measures only 2.5" x 2.5"
There are still I think 40 in each pack like a regular size of a charm pack. They are so cute. And each one costs just a little more than one fat quarter.  Many times, people say, "what do you do with them."
This is a good question, and so I have put my mind to what to use for. Actually we do have one table topper displayed with our selection of mini charms: Jen sewed it up a little while ago. She used four patches and set them with some setting triangles and it makes a pretty nice sized piece.
I brought a few packs home last night to try to play with and figure out another option of what to do with them.
 I have one pack of "Comma" and two packs of "Sunnyside".  
I think part of the challenge will be to find a way to add a background fabric that will contrast with the whole range of light and dark fabrics in the charm pack.
I'm not sure if I'll have to take out some of the squares or whether I can use the whole pack in one project. I think I will revisit a table runner that I sewed last year, if you can guess which one that was!

On another note, I am still working away at my propeller blocks. Just about ready to sew them into four patches.
I hope you're having a great weekend, it's a bit chilly this morning here out in Asquith, but that's okay I'm going to sew.

2 comments:

  1. The 2.5 inch squares are the cutest! I just bought a bunch to start (yet another) english paper piecing project. Perfect size for 1 to 1.25 inch hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, and there are 42 squares in each pack,

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;