Monday, August 26, 2013

A sampler finish!

This weekend I finished the binding on a sampler quilt that was started a few years ago as part of our Saturday Surprise Sampler program.  The fabrics were based on a group by moda called Shangri- la.  I somehow had so many blocks that I made two quilts from them.  The first one I finished right away!  This one took a bit longer.  
I ended up making a special border using half Dresden plate blocks on white.  I thought about adding a darker outer border, but decided to just finish it off.
The machine quilting was done by Margo Halpinny, and she did a great job, I especially like what she did in the outside border

Of course I can't help picking out my "Favorite" block, don't you always do that with a sampler? 

2 comments:

  1. It's so pretty, Michelle! I love how samplers just never get old. Brilliant idea to do the dresden border!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Patti, i love making the dresden plates,

      Delete

print friendly

Recent topics;