Thursday, August 1, 2013

Playing with some settings

I've been mulling over what to do with the black, white and bright 12 inch blocks from the latest saturday surprise sampler. 
At the moment they are still pinned to the wall at the shop, but whenever I am there, they bother me because I haven't figured out what my plan is for them.

I decided to play around on my Electric Quilt program to see what some ideas might look like.  I thought I would post them here in case you too are wondering what to do with yours. 

1. white background, 3" sashing,  with 1-1/2" squares in the pieced outer border, finishes at about 76" x 90"

2. Diagonal setting, each block has an outer border added, they alternate in color,  77" x 98"

3.another very white setting, with a rectangle sewn on the side of each block, then sewn as a strippy quilt, 76" x 89"

4,  triple bar sashing, with skinny center bar, 80" x 96"
 5. outline each block with a skinny band of white, then set it in an ocean of purple: 80" x 96"
or maybe frame in black, and let it swim in white,
6. alternating with log cabin blocks, one inch logs, 84" x 86"
Well, that was fun.

5 comments:

  1. wow! thank you Michelle! That was my plan for today..playing with the layout for these blocks!! Your timing is perfect! You have lots of great ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that funny? I'm so glad that I did these last night, I hope that they can be helpful somehow. I love my EQ program for times like this, cause it can tell me about the end sizes, and I can play with the width of the sashings and borders,
      I hope you have a good day playing Flo! It will be fun to see what you come up with for your blocks!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I really like setting #6. Which is in contrast to my desire to do the log cabin blocks though, lol! Who knows? I may do it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like 3 the off set column layout. It really goes with the modern feel of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the 3rd one too, although. My first inclination was to try the first one,

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;