Monday, August 26, 2013

The new Sampler Colours

as many of you know, each year we run a program at the store called the Saturday Surprise Sampler.  This year is the twelfth year we have done it, and I am getting quite a collection of sampler quilts!  actually, it is a nice wedding present, although I still have most of the ones I've made.  This year, our first block pickup is not too far away, and so I am starting to play around with the fabrics.  
Rather than basing it on one particular line of fabrics, it will use a colour theme of Neutrals.   
These are indicative of the fabrics we will be using.  
I need to sew up some tester blocks, because I'm not too sure about the cream colour up in the right hand corner.  I do like the darks a lot!   
Well, that's my job for today..
Although I do want to add the borders to my "Jelly Belly" quilt using the zen chic fabrics.  I'm anxious to get it quilted!!  My friend has said she will quilt it on her long arm, and I know she will make it look great,



4 comments:

  1. I learned SOOOOOO much doing the last Saturday surprise, the black and white and bright! I haven't got it all put together yet, but it is going to be stunning! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Flo, thank you, I am really looking forward to seeing what you (and others) will do with the blocks. I have mine at home now, and I still haven't made a firm plan, other than I need to get a lot of white fabric, and somehow mix in some of my Favorite brights,

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle
    I made the same one, but, it was called "Magnetized", using different scraps, of course. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

print friendly

Recent topics;