I drew a diagram and counted up what I have yet to sew, and I need to do 7 more alternate blocks, and 10 half blocks for the edges, which means I have 136 more petals to cut. I'm out of Steam a Seam so I am switching to trans-web now.
In the mean time, I sewed up the center three columns so that I could start the machine quilting:
After the pin basting is done, I cut the extra batting away.
I'm doing this quilt in sections to make it more manageable since it will be pretty big.
This morning I googled FMQ designs to get a few ideas on quilting patterns to fill in the nice white areas.
This won't be an heirloom quilt, but I do intend to have some fun with the quilting, and try out lots of patterns.
On another note, I got a gardenia at the grocery store. It's quite pretty but has quite an overwhelming scent.