Friday, November 28, 2014

Dresden Pouch

A couple of days ago I was leafing through a book I have called Sew Gifts.  A few months ago I made a pencil-case from the book.   I decided that I was in the mood to sew another zippered pouch when I saw the Dresden plate one.  
It was an easy matter to zip up some petals--- i just used my handy dresden plate ruler and cut ny pieces from 2-1/2" strips...
I decided to sew an arc for each side of the pouch, using 19 different fabrics,
I also added in a layer of quilt batting to give the pouch a bit more body.

Not much quilting, just some pink hand-stitching to echo the shape, and a few rows of machine stitching in light grey.
I was pretty happy with how it turned out.   It was just the day for a quick and easy project. 

4 comments:

print friendly

Recent topics;