This year we will be participating in a very large shop hop activity! We haven't done one one of these before, so it will be interesting to see how it works.
I have heard from shop owners who have participated in it, that it is a lot of fun for all who participate.
The organizers have a pretty clear set of rules for both the shop owners and for the participants, -(- all the info is below, ). I'll write more posts about it down the road,
but, today my task is to figure out a pattern to give out at our shop!
this is the info for the participant copied right from their site, ....
|I'm a quilter, how can I participate in the Row by Row Experience?|
easy! Simply visit any participating quilt shop during the summer and
ask for their free pattern for a row in a quilt. The 2015 theme is Row
by Row H20, and each shop is working with the water theme in their row. The shops are happy to give you the pattern at no cost, limit one per person, walk-in customers only.|
|The shops are all over the U. S. and into Canada. How can I get the row patterns from quilt shops that are far away from me?|
can't. The shops are offering the pattern only to customers who walk
in the door. Please don't ask them to email or mail their row patterns.|
|Can I make copies of the patterns I collect?|
|Absolutely not!! That's a big no-no! The patterns are copyright property of the designers.|
|So, is this a shop hop?|
|Kinda. But there are no fees and no passports.|
|Are there prizes? Can I win something?|
|Yes! With the Row by Row Experience you win a prize for sewing! Complete a quilt using at least 8 different rows from 8 different 2015 participating shops.
Be the first to bring it into a shop and you win a stash of 25 fat
quarters. (That's 6-1/4 yards of fabric!) Win a bonus prize for using
that store's row in your quilt.|
|What do you consider "complete" when it comes to my quilt.|
|Quilted, bound, labeled. |
|What pattern do I use for my quilt?|
decide. Stack your rows, arrange around a center medallion, make them
horizontal, vertical, upside down, on the front, on the back, whatever!
You are the designer. Be creative and have fun, but be sure to use 8
different 2015 rows from 8 different 2015 shops.|
|Can I win in more than one shop?|
Charlie. One prize per quilter. You can make several quilts and show
them off in several shops, but you may only claim one prize. Your quilt
will be photographed for Facebook and everyone will see it, so play
|How do I know which shops are participating?|
|Check the website: www.rowbyrowexperience.com.
Click the state you are traveling in to see the listing of shops. A
Google map and a downloadable list will be available before summer. |
|Are all of the shops open for the same hours?|
It would be too difficult to organize this for the whole summer. Be
sure to check the shops' websites or call ahead when planning your
route to verify their hours.|
|Can I see pictures of the rows?|
Each area has a Facebook page and the shops will post photos of their
rows when they are ready to show. You can "like" your area's page and
any you plan to visit, but you don't have to be a member of Facebook to
see the photos. The Facebook page links are on the website.|
|What are the exact dates of the event?|
|You have from June 21 through September 8, 2015 to collect the free patterns. You have until October 31, 2015 to submit a quilt for a prize.|
|Anything else I should know?|
Each shop is participating in the Row by Row Experience in their own
way. You will be able to buy kits for the rows you love and see demos
for new quilting products when you visit many of the shops. Many others
are carrying the FabricPlates from Zebra Patterns and the coordinating
Row by Row H20 fabrics from Timeless Treasures.|
- exist as an independent brick and mortar quilt shop and be open for regular summer hours.
- Design a quilt row following the Row by Row Experience design guidelines and produce a pattern for the row.*
- Email photo of completed row to your area coordinator or post it on your area Facebook page.
- Provide one copy of the pattern for free to anyone who enters your store and requests it from June 21 through Sept. 8, 2015. Patterns and kits may not be distributed online, by mail, or at venues outside the store during this time period, such as shows or events.
- Not distribute patterns and kits in any way during quilting challenge period Sept. 9 through Oct. 31, 2015. Patterns and kits may be sold in any way after Oct. 31, 2015.
- Advertise the Row by Row Experience in your newsletter and other media outlets.
- Award a bundle of 25 fat quarters to the first customer who brings in a completed (quilted, bound, labeled) row quilt using patterns from at least 8 different shops. Award a bonus prize of your choice if the finished quilt includes your row. Challenge expires October 31, 2015.